The Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Team Leading (QCF) is for learners who work in, or who want to work in the business and professional management sector.
It gives learners the opportunity to:
- Develop and demonstrate competence as a Team Leader, Section Leader, Floor Leader, Trainee Supervisor, Call Centre Team Manager or Supervisor
Develop and demonstrate the skills and knowledge to develop the core competencies of the roles above, including team leadership styles, team dynamics, problem solving, providing support, managing the work of teams and communication techniques Develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning through the development of personal, learning and thinking skills (PLTS) Have existing skills recognised Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
Mandatory units that must be achieved are:
- Unit 1 – Manage Personal Performance and Development
- Unit 2 – Communicate Work-Related Information
- Unit 3 – Lead and Manage a Team
- Unit 4 – Principles of Team Leading
- Unit 5 – Understand Business
There are also a range of optional units to choose from. These will be chosen by you, with advice and guidance from your tutor, to ensure they suit your workplace and role.
The learner will need to complete Functional Skills Mathematics, English and ICT at Level 1 to pass this qualification.