The Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Management (QCF) is for learners who work in, or who want to work in management roles such as Section Manager, First Line Manager, Assistant Manager, Trainee Manager, Senior Supervisor and Junior Non-Commissioned Officer.
It gives learners the opportunity to:
- Develop and demonstrate technical and wider sector-related knowledge to underpin competence in the job roles stated above. This includes principles of equality, diversity and inclusion, the principles of leadership and management and the principles of people management
- Develop and demonstrate a range of technical skills and behaviours that support competence in the job roles stated above. This includes managing personal and professional development, supporting equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and managing team and individual’s performance
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning through the development of personal, learning and thinking skills (PLTS)
- Have existing skills recognised
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 3 qualification
Mandatory units that must be achieved are:
- Unit 1 – Manage Team Performance
- Unit 2 – Principles of People Management
- Unit 3 – Principles of Business
- Unit 4 – Principles of Leadership and Management
- Unit 5 – Manage Personal and Professional Development
There are also a range of optional units to choose from. These will be chosen by you, with advice and guidance from your tutor, to ensure they suit your workplace and role.
The learner must also complete Functional Skills Mathematics, English and ICT at Level 2 to pass this qualification.