The Pearson Edexcel Level 3 Diploma in Children’s Learning and Development (Early Years Educator) (QCF) is for learners who work in, or want to work with children in Early Years settings in England only.
It gives learners the opportunity to:
- Demonstrate competence as an Early Years Educator, Child minder or Nursery Nurse
- Develop knowledge and skills related to the specified job roles in early years education
- Have existing skills recognised
- Achieve a nationally-recognised Level 3 qualification
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning
Mandatory units that must be achieved are:
- Unit 1 – Understand Children’s Early Years Education and Development
- Unit 2 – Implementing Early Years Foundation Stage
- Unit 3 – Diversity, Equality and Inclusion in Early Years Settings
- Unit 4 – Plan and Provide Effective Teaching and Learning in Early Years Settings
- Unit 5 – Make Accurate and Productive Use of Assessment in Early Years Settings
- Unit 6 – Develop Effective and Informed Professional Practice in Early Years Settings
- Unit 7 – Promote the Health, Safety and Well-being of Children in Early Years Settings
- Unit 8 – Child Protection and Safeguarding
- Unit 9 – Partnership Working in Early Years
There are also a range of optional units to choose from. These will be chosen by you, with advice and guidance from your tutor, to ensure they suit your workplace and role.
In order to commence this NVQ, the learner must hold a GCSE in English and Maths ranging from A – C grades. The learner is able to complete Functional Skills ICT at Level 2 whilst on programme.