The Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service (QCF) is for learners who work in, or who want to work in customer service roles such as Customer Service Advisor, Customer Service Operator, Call Centre Advisor, Help Desk Operative and Service Agent.
It gives learners the opportunity to:
- Develop and demonstrate technical and wider sector-related knowledge to underpin competence in the job roles stated above. Technical knowledge includes the principles and practices of delivering customer service and understanding the different types of customers, their needs, wants and expectations. Wider sector-related knowledge includes equality and diversity, organisational structure and environment, and legislation and regulations that govern the industry.
- Develop and demonstrate a range of technical skills and behaviours that supports competence in the job roles stated above. This includes communicating with customers using appropriate communication channels, resolving customer problems and complaints, building relationships with customers, promoting additional products and/or services and the ability to improve own learning and performance.
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning through the development of personal, learning and thinking skills (PLTS).
- Have existing skills recognised.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification.
Mandatory units that must be achieved are:
- Unit 1 – Deliver Customer Service
- Unit 2 – Understand Customers
- Unit 3 – Principles of Customer Service
- Unit 4 – Understand Employer Organisations
- Unit 5 – Manage Personal Performance and Development
There are also a range of optional units to choose from. These will be chosen by you, with advice and guidance from your tutor, to ensure they suit your workplace and role.
The learner must also complete Functional Skills Mathematics and English at Level 1 to pass this qualification.