The Pearson Edexcel Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration (QCF) is for learners who work in, or who want to work in Business Administration in job roles such as Administrator, Business Support Officer, Office Junior and Receptionist.
It gives learners the opportunity to:
- Develop and demonstrate technical and wider sector-related knowledge to underpin competence in the job roles stated above. This includes the principles and practices underpinning the core tasks and responsibilities related to the job roles above as well as wider work-related knowledge such as organisational structure and environment, the use of research in business, equality and diversity and the legal context of business
- Develop and demonstrate a range of technical skills and behaviours that supports competence in the job roles stated above. This includes communicating verbally and in writing, preparing business documents, organising and supporting meetings and events and managing information and diary systems
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning through the development of personal, learning and thinking skills (PLTS)
- Have existing skills recognised
- Achieve a nationally-recognised Level 2 qualification
Mandatory units that must be achieved are:
- Unit 1 – Communication in a Business Environment
- Unit 2 – Understand Employer Organisations
- Unit 3 – Principles of Providing Administrative Services
- Unit 4 – Principles of Business Document Production and Information Management
- Unit 5 – Manage Personal Performance and Development
- Unit 6 – Develop Working Relationships with Colleagues
There are also a range of optional units to choose from. These will be chosen by you, with advice and guidance from your tutor, to ensure they suit your workplace and role.
The learner must also complete Functional Skills Mathematics, English and ICT at Level 1 to pass this qualification.